Saturday, May 1, 2010

Escalation of Rhetoric and Violence

O.k. folks. I decided I'm not gonna be shy about writing what I think about the T-party movement here in this blog. I encourage every one of you to do the same. Why?

Because when it gets right down to it, the internet is what got the Tea Party Movement moving. Rick Santelli up in Chicago called for a Chicago Tea Party from the floor of the Chicago Stock Exchange and the Tea Party Movement grew from there; mainly by people like us communicating thru email, websites and blogs like this one. Those are the facts.

IMO, the internet connection will become more and more important as the November Midterms draw nearer and the political rhetoric and political activity heat up.

I am sure you all are aware of how the Democrats are attempting to brand the T-party movement as racist and violent. An article I posted here yesterday described how the ACORN officer named Bertha Lewis ridiculed and disparaged the Tea Party movement. Earlier this week, ex president Bill Clinton attempted to equate the Tea Party movement with Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing. Across the board, the Democrat Radicals are pulling out all the stops to discredit the T-Party movement.

It is obvious (at least to me) that what Mr. Meadows said at our last meeting is really true. This present political upheaval in our nation is ALL about the Democrats consolidating as much power for themselves as they can. More than one prominent Democrat has stated publicly that this may be the only chance for the "progressives" to achieve what they have been working for in in the United States since 1900. This is their moment and if they let it slip away, it will never come again.

I believe that if T-party members continue to meet publicly in large groups that radical militant Progressive Democrat infiltrators will somehow cause a violent event to take place and the compliant mainstream media will do all in their power to discredit the Tea Party Movement as violently racist homophobic neo-naziism. Remember how Walter Cronkite distorted the overwhelming U.S. victory in the Vietnam Tet Offensive? That same power of distortion will be used to discredit the tea party movement.

I am not saying that we should be afraid to gather in groups but I do believe that lawful public assembly to redress government is only one facet of our overall responsibility as citizens who are concerned about the future of our nation.

That's why I believe (and this is my point) that the things that we read, write and share online are really what gives meaning to the T-party movement. I believe the first and most immediate responsibility of the T-party movement is to elect members to the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate who stand FOR the rule of Constitutional Law.

I am not advocating for a third "constitutionalist party." I am not advocating for Democrats or Republicans. I'm saying that whoever stands FOR the rule of Constitutional Law is who should be elected. We The People have to find out who is on the ballot this November in every District of every State whose reps are up for election. And then We The People must SUPPORT the candidates who stand for the Rule of Constitutional Law: without millions of bureaucrats and rules and regulations that smother our Liberty under a wet-blanket of lawyerspeak b.s.

If We The People don't see to it that Mr. Obama and the Democratic Socialists are stopped in November we may not get another chance to peacefully alter the direction of our government. Yes, it really is that serious.

When Scott Brown started making his move to defeat the Socialist candidate Martha Coakley in the special election that Massachusetts held in January, my wife and I send him $35.00 via the internet. Millions of other concerned citizens from around the country did the same. Whatever they could afford, they sent. Whatever they could do to help Scott Brown, they did. Millions of people from all over the U.S.A. helped Scott Brown do what every political analyst in the country said could not be done.

We The People elected Scott Brown and we've got to do the same thing again and again. And the way it gets done is thru the internet. The internet is the wave of the future and the internet is what gives the Tea Party Movement its legs.

That's my rant for now. I hope you take me kindly here because my intentions here are (I hope) only the best.

My wife and I are glad to be working with y'all. I know we are just getting started and we've all got a lot to learn. Like Thomas Paine said, "These are the times that try men's Souls." I wonder what Thomas Paine, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and James Madison would have to say about the internet and the worldwideweb? I bet they'd be proud that it started in the USA. And I bet they'd really-really love the Freedom of Speech that is so unique on the internet.

God Bless the United States of America.